God's Designing of Overflow...07.12.07

As I write this I am currently still in awe of God and the week I have had both with Him and with Overflow. Personally, I have had one of those weeks where you just sense that God is right there beside you, guiding your steps and pointing you in His direction. I intentionally set aside time this week to really seek God in solitude and found, as Scripture states, that when we seek Him we will find Him. As I spent time in Benton Harbor & St. Joseph I was seeking God in regards to His heart, mission, and plan for Overflow.

It was during this time that I read through Isaiah 41:17-20 which says, ""The poor and needy search for water,
but there is none;
their tongues are parched with thirst.
But I the LORD will answer them;
I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them.

18 I will make rivers flow on barren heights,
and springs within the valleys.
I will turn the desert into pools of water,
and the parched ground into springs.

19 I will put in the desert
the cedar and the acacia, the myrtle and the olive.
I will set pines in the wasteland,
the fir and the cypress together,

20 so that people may see and know,
may consider and understand,
that the hand of the LORD has done this,
that the Holy One of Israel has created it.

Here is how this spoke to me in regards to Overflow:
*Verse 17: God will hear the cry of the poor and oppressed and will meet them in their need. As we look at the poverty level in Benton Harbor we trust and pray that God will poor out His blessing and meet the needs of those that are without.
*Verse 18: God causes water to FLOW where there is none and will do the same with Overflow as He pours out His spirit and blessing on this region.
*Verse 19: The Overflow of water that God created led to the planting of many diverse trees that were placed TOGETHER. Our prayer is that God uses Overflow to bring various people groups together in this area and establishes His peace.
*Verse 20: My favorite verse because the work that God is doing will bring Him and Him alone glory, because it will be so apparent that His hand created and accomplished it. May God get all the glory for Overflow and the movement that is being birthed.


I hope this encourages you as much as it did me and that you too will continue to ask God the same question, "What is your heart, mission, and plan for my life?".

Have a great weekend and thank you for your continued support and prayers!

In Pursuit,

Brian
Phil 1:21

posted by Brian @ 11:10 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home