When Heaven seems quiet….08.19.07

Have you ever wondered why God just seemed to be silent on something you had really been asking God for or waiting for? It makes me think about the movie “Bruce Almighty” and how towards the beginning Bruce is driving down the road talking to God. He is frustrated and crying out to God for some kind of sign, anything. The funny thing about the whole scene is that throughout the scene there are literal signs all around that Bruce that he is missing. I have been personally going through a “quiet time” in regards to the sale of our home. Our house has been for sale for 120 days now and I have experienced the ups and downs emotionally of trusting God’s timing and dealing with the reality of a house that has yet to sell and a church plant that is moving quickly in another region.

It’s funny how Bruce misses all the signs in the movie, but I don’t want to be like that. In fact, my hope and prayer is that I will see and hear God’s leading in my life daily. I want to know Christ better and live more fully for Him. Yet at times it still feels as if heaven is quiet. I am sure you can relate, because we all have times, maybe even our whole life, where it seems that God is silent. Let me tell what has been running through my mind today and how all though the sale of our house has yet to happen, I know that heaven is not silent concerning the situation.

I am rediscovering today what it means to praise and worship God for who He is and not for what is happening in our life. I am rediscovering that God always was, always is, and always will be and what it means to worship and praise Him for this. This is such an awesome day for me as I realize that although our house has not sold, our God has not sold me out, He is still there and is the same and will work in His timing.

I am become more and more convinced that life presents us with endless opportunities to look to God and to praise Him despite all that we don’t understand or get about it. Today I have heard heaven speak to me in a very unexpected way and I am speaking back with praise and worship of God. It isn’t because of what He has done that I praise God today, it’s because of who He is.

I wonder, if heaven seems silent to you right now, are you able to still praise God for who He is? How might a little time of remembering who God is in our life today help to change the way you see your circumstances? I know it has helped me this week and today to remember He is SO MUCH BIGGER than what is in front of me today!

Have a great week and thank you for being a part of our lives and Overflow....

In Pursuit,

Brian

posted by Brian @ 4:44 PM,

2 Comments:

At August 22, 2007 11:03 PM, Blogger tonymyles said...

In my opinion, worship is most sincere when the dollar leaving our hands is heavy, when the words can't escape our mouths to sing because the lyrics are too true, when the tears we cry are hot and seem to run on the inside, and when the prayers are utterred even when the heart behind them is dealing with a frustrated heart toward God.

Not that I've had any experience with this in recent years. ;)

Thanks for sharing this slice... praying for you in this way.

 
At August 23, 2007 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the words and redirection to worship the Lord in the midst of a sea of silence.

Know that we are praying.

Jay and Tami

 

Post a Comment

<< Home